Terms and conditions
Terms of payment on our tuning invoices are 14 days. Restoration work must be paid for in full before the piano is delivered to your home. You are welcome to make the final payment by BACS upon delivery. Piano sales invoices must be paid in full before the piano is delivered.
All secondhand pianos on our website include free ground floor delivery within 30 miles of our premises. New Danemann pianos include free delivery to mainland UK. Other new pianos price on application. Accessories (stools, keyrings and so on) do not include delivery but postage can be arranged to mainland UK for a fee. If you live outside the UK, including Republic of Ireland, we work with trusted experienced partners to fulfil deliveries and we are happy to supply a quotation upon request. If your move includes steps, stairs or difficult access, please send us full details to [email protected] and we will provide a quotation. We reserve the right to charge for delays or cancelled delivery.
At William Young Pianos every instrument is checked by our fully qualified piano technicians before leaving for delivery. Our staff are all pianists themselves and we pride ourselves on the quality of our pianos. In the unlikely event of an item being faulty we will assess the situation and reach an agreement to suit all. William Young Pianos Ltd does not accept returns for non-faulty goods after the statutory period, and the definition of what constitutes faulty is at the discretion of our professional piano technicians. If you change your mind after purchase, we do not offer refunds but please rest assured that we will do our very best to find you an alternative instrument. In this instance, you would be charged £85 +VAT for collection of the original piano and delivery of the replacement.
In the event that a piano needs to be delivered upstairs we would request pictures and measurements to be emailed into our sales team at [email protected] We would then calculate an upstairs delivery quotation for you. In some local cases we may ask to come and view the access to ensure the piano will fit round tight corners in a staircase, for example. Please be aware that if a rental piano is being transported upstairs, the same fee will apply if and when it is taken away, or if its replacement is delivered.
Please call 07881 644911 and speak to our sales team for our best quote.
William Young Pianos is always happy to try and match or even beat any legitimate UK based musical retailer. We have been in business for over 25 years and believe that our success is in part due to always offering the very best value for money along with excellent personal customer service.
William Young Pianos Ltd Price Match Terms & Conditions
- Finance may not be available on price-matched products
- You must be able to substantiate the quotation
- We do not match verbal quotes
- The product must be kept in stock by the competitor
- We reserve the right not to price match if we currently have insufficient stock on certain instruments.
Why choose William Young Pianos over overseas companies?
Over the years we have listened to our customers' feedback in relation to their experiences of dealing with overseas companies.
Please see below the frequent feedback we have received in relation to this:
- Delivery charges are not always shown to customers until you commit to purchasing.
- Talk to our team rather than someone whose spoken English could be poor; important information can get lost in translation.
- Once purchased prices are converted into GBP by your credit card provider, this figure can often amount to more than the price you see advertised in Euro due to fluctuating exchange rates.
- Buying from a European retailer will mean that your new instrument will be sent via courier. Customers have been known to be required to assist in getting the instrument off the back of a van and into their home, and couriers are rarely experienced piano movers.
- Pianos will not come fully assembled and checked. Customers are also left with masses of cardboard and packaging to dispose of.
- European products come with a different warranty: here in the UK manufacturers have their own engineers if something goes wrong with your piano. Buying a new piano from William Young Pianos Ltd ensure that you'll get a quality warranty that you can have confidence in.
- We can provide finance on the majority of products; European retailers cannot offer this service to customers in the UK.
- Support is available 6 days a week where required.
We take pride in being able to offer you an experienced and passionate team, whose excellent communication skills will ensure nothing is lost in translation and that all your needs are met.
Furthermore, buying from William Young Pianos means you will also be supporting your local piano dealer and helping us to carry on this wonderful family business. Our business encompasses piano sales, both new and secondhand, as well as piano repair and restoration, plus piano storage, transport and of course tuning.